Has it been more than a year since you implemented your Sparx Systems Architecture Platform? Sparx Systems has released major updates for Enterprise Architect, Pro Cloud Server and Prolaborate in the past 18 months, and if you haven’t yet upgraded, you really need to do so. While you are at it, this is the perfect time to review your infrastructure configuration, platform security, backup and recovery systems, and the software configuration and model data against current best practices. If you aren’t sure what you need to review, here is a set of questions to start with:
- Are you having platform performance issues?
- Are you on the latest software versions, and if not, what do you need to get current?
- Do you have a patching and maintenance process to stay current?
- Are the necessary infrastructure configurations and processes in place for platform resiliency: Backups, SSL Certificates, Server Hardening, SSO integration and model security?
- Do you have a metamodel defined to govern your model, and are your architects conforming to it?
- Are you aware of (and using) the recently released platform features, or just doing basic modeling?
- Do you have model integrity issues causing errors and potentially impacting performance?
- Have you disabled the platform features that your modelers don’t use so they can work more efficiently?
Are you unsure of how to answer these questions or looking for an external review of your implementation? Sparx Services North America offers an Architecture Platform Health Check service recommended for enterprise deployments annually that will give you an objective assessment and clear guidance on what you need to fix to restore performance, ensure security/resiliency and take advantage of the latest platform features. To learn more about the Architecture Platform Health Check and other platform support services and request a quote, visit our website.